The Atmosphere is a blanket of air that surrounds the Earth. It extends
from the surface of sea-level up to 560 kilometers above. This Marine Atlas is
confined to the lower-most part of the atmosphere commonly known as the
troposphere that extends up to 15 km above sea-level. Almost all the weather occurs
in this region.
- Climate - The climate is the weather averaged over a long period of
time. A descriptive saying is that "climate is what you expect, weather
is what you get." Climate is not the same as weather, but rather,
it is the average pattern of weather for a particular region. Climatic
elements include precipitation, temperature, humidity, sunshine, wind
velocity, and other measures
of the weather.
- Weather - Weather describes the short-term
state of the atmosphere and include phenomena such as fog, frost,
hail-storms, cyclones and other natural hazards.
- Cyclone Storm Tracks - Under construction
- Storm Zones - Under construction
- Air Quality - [Under construction]